BetterLesson Looking to Hire Senior Web Designer
BetterLesson is hiring a senior designer with strong UI/UX and product management experience. BetterLesson.org is a social network and document-sharing website for teachers looking to transform the way teachers connect, communicate, and collaborate. We are backed by San Francisco-based NewSchools Venture Fund (and others to be announced!) and have been recently featured in Mass High Tech, Cnet, DigitalJournal, Scholastic.com, New York Times, etc. We offer challenging work, a fun team, competitive pay, and an opportunity for equity. Our office is located in Davis Square, Somerville, MA. Our site is growing quickly, and with it, many new features are on the way. We need someone like you to help us make these features user-friendly and beautiful. We’re open to either more product design or production depending on the skills of the right candidate. Design
- likes working with fast-paced coders who are ready to go
- tremendous communication skills – working directly with senior management and the team
- immense documentation skills (specs, requirements, wireframes, comps, diagramming, etc.)
- ability to self-motivate and self-manage while playing on a team
- familiarity in optimizing designs and UX via qualitative and quantitative methods
- some PHP
- excellent CSS/HTML skills (CSS3 / HTML 4/5)
We’ll have more fun if you might have on your resume some of the following assets and skills:
- a CS, UX, MultiMedia and/or Design degree … or two
- Balsamiq/Omnigraffle/Visio/ etc.
- experience at a tech startup
- a sense of humor and focus under pressure
Position is on-site, full-time, and permanent.Please send your resume, links to sites describing what your responsibilities were at previous jobs, and any code samples / portfolio pieces you’d like us to see, addressed to Jonathan Hendler (CTO) at email@example.com. Thank you!