Seeking Senior UX/UI Designer
BetterLesson has become the best place for educators to discover and share high quality lessons. We are looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer to craft a top notch product experience as we continue to work to reshape K-12 education.
An ideal candidate has:
- A strong portfolio of shipped products, with examples engaged communities, complex interaction/tools, visual creativity, brand definition, customer funnel engagement
- A passion for making users’ lives easier, and leveraging user research and usability studies to do so
- The ability to deliver detailed pixel-level comps, redlines, and static assets optimized for web delivery
- Experience designing mobile applications a plus
- Excitement around our goal of making a substantial and enduring difference to teaching and learning
The Senior UX/UI Designer will:
- Work closely with the VP Product to define feature hypotheses, iterate on white-board/wireframes, IA flows, specifications, perform usability studies, and take action based on results
- Work closely with the development team to deliver detailed visual/interaction specifications, and ensure fit and finish of the shipping product
- Define and manage brand identity and style guide across all BetterLesson products and publications
This position includes a competitive compensation package and a substantial equity stake in the company.
Our office is located in Cambridge near Davis Square. We will consider remote candidates who are willing to travel to Cambridge ~twice/month.
More information about BetterLesson:
Founded by Teach For America corps members, BetterLesson has become the best place for educators to connect and share the highest-quality lessons. We are excited to bring lesson planning into the digital age and empower educators around the world to collaborate and “share what works.”
BetterLesson is financially backed by NewSchools Venture Fund, top VCs and experienced angel investors. Our paying customers include many of the most innovative educational organizations in the country, such as KIPP, Uncommon Schools and Achievement First. We have been recently featured in the New York Times, CNet, Scholastic and others.
Please send a statement of interest and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org