Seeking Teachers for the BetterLesson Master Teacher Project
Are you a master of your teaching craft and an author of outstanding lessons? Are you ready to hone and share your expertise with a huge community of thoughtful educators? Then we want you to apply for the BetterLesson Master Teacher Project, generously funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Application deadline April 30, 2013!
Who is a Master Teacher?
We are looking for teachers who:
- Currently teach math (Grades 6-12)- Not a math teacher? Click HERE
- Have a proven track record of success in the classroom
- Have extensive curriculum and lesson planning experience
- Craft creative, engaging and thoughtful lessons
- Think critically about their teaching methods, and regularly seek to improve their instructional techniques
- Are committed to teacher learning and enjoy pushing at the boundaries of their own and their colleagues’ practices.
- Have an analytical mind and demonstrate mathematical mastery
- Have superb communication skills
- Have an appreciation for (if not deep love of) technology
What will a Master Teacher do?
- Master Teachers will work as a part of a cohort of expert educators to build CCSS-aligned courses and share them with the world via the BetterLesson website.
- Master Teachers will receive regular feedback and support from coaches who are experts in CCSS implementation.
- Master Teachers will share and develop their lessons and best practices with the BetterLesson community (via videos and other ancillary materials) in order to effectively scale up their successes.
- In this virtual, part time role, Master Teachers will be expected to devote 10 hours per week to building their curricula and sharing their instructional practices. In return Master Teachers will receive $30,000 for this two-year process.
- This unique professional opportunity allows skilled teachers to hone their craft, engage with a thoughtful, enthusiastic community of like-minded educators, and proliferate best (or ahem, better) practices.
Please email email@example.com if you have any further questions.