BetterLesson Tech is looking for Front-End Web Developers
BetterLesson is the best place for educators to discover and share high quality lessons. Over 250,000 teachers from across the globe visit BL each month to connect with colleagues and access innovative content. We just received an exciting grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to work with the best teachers in the country building out a body of knowledge around effective teaching practices.
We’re currently working on a new product focused on curated, high-quality lessons from master teachers. We’re looking for a creative front-end developer to join our team of teachers and hackers focused on transforming K-12 education.
An ideal candidate would have:
- Knowledge of related front-end frameworks, templating engines and extensions like jQuery, Mustache, Bootstrap, and Sass.
- The desire to stay current with the continually evolving web development ecosystem and work with best-of-breed technologies.
- Experience working with Ajax-heavy applications, communicating with RESTful interfaces, and manipulating JSON objects.
- The ability to cut detailed pixel-level comps into HTML/CSS. Advanced Photoshop knowledge is a plus.
- Understanding of the back end application layer is helpful but not required. Familiarity with MVC design patterns, languages like PHP/Python/Ruby, and MySQL is a plus.
- Familiarity with Lean software development methodologies is a plus.
- Excitement around our goal of making a substantial and enduring difference to teaching and learning.
This position offers a competitive compensation package including an equity stake in the company. We’re looking for candidates who can work full-time out of our Cambridge office near Davis Square.
Please send a statement of interest and work samples to techjobs[AT]betterlesson.com.