BetterLesson is Looking for a Director of Master Teacher Projects
BetterLesson is an edtech startup and our mission is to transform teacher development at scale.
Summary: There is a full time opening in our Cambridge, MA office for an experienced individual who will head up Master Teacher Project Operations and support teachers doing amazing work to benefit their peers! Master Teacher-created content feeds the BetterLesson PD product that, in turn, supports teachers across the country who want to drive their own professional learning. You will be helping thousands of teachers!
The Role: This role will:
- work with other senior team members to manage the vision, budgets, execution and evaluations of the Projects
- manage project associates to support the Operations work
- hire, train and support master teachers to: effectively create lessons on our site; connect virtually with their teams and coaches; share feedback/revisions around content as it’s being generated
- will foster a high-touch, highly productive relationship between Operations, BL’s instructional team, and the Master Teachers.
- understand and follow the latest trends in teaching and learning (ideally both in the classroom and in teacher development roles)
- are self-directed, diligent teammate with 5+ years management experience
- enjoy (don’t mind?) analyzing, extrapolating and responding to data
- produce compelling verbal and written communication
- listen closely but also participate in high-level strategy
- gel well with others who work calmly in a fast-paced startup environment 🙂
The “Nice to Haves”
- Well versed in the wonders of Google docs, Analytics, and Excel formula
- Experience with large scale budgets
- Previous classroom experience and/or knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Click here to apply!